Contest Terms and Conditions
Note: If you’re under 18, please make sure that your parent or guardian has read and agreed to these terms before you submit photos, text or other content or information to PETA Australia.
1. Entrants must send entries as required in the contest announcement in order to be eligible. Entries received after the deadline set forth in the contest announcement are ineligible, null and void. PETA Australia will not be responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries. PETA Australia is not responsible for entries that are sent to but not received by PETA Australia for any reason.
2. All winners will be notified of their win via e-mail. The winner must first respond to the notification e-mail within five (5) business days to claim the prize. Failure to respond within five (5) business days shall mean that the winner forfeits the prize, and another winner will be chosen.
3. Only one entry per e-mail address will be considered for contest entry unless the contest announcement specifically says that multiple entries are allowed.
4. All photos, drawings, text and any other content or information (collectively and severally called “Materials”) that you submit to PETA Australia shall become the sole and exclusive property of PETA Australia, and PETA Australia shall have no obligation to preserve, return or otherwise make available to you or others any Materials. PETA Australia may use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish and otherwise make use of Materials in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created – throughout the world and for any purpose – without compensation to you of any kind.
5. By submitting Materials to PETA Australia, you represent and warrant that the Materials do not infringe on any copyright, trademark, property rights, rights of privacy or publicity of any person or any other right of any third party and that you have the full and unrestricted right to transfer the Materials to PETA Australia free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
6. You acknowledge and agree that PETA Australia shall have no obligation to post, display or otherwise make publicly available any Materials that you submit.
7. You acknowledge and agree that PETA Australia may make Materials that you submit available for public viewing, rating, reviewing and commenting. You acknowledge that comments or ratings that you disagree with or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with Materials that you submit to PETA Australia. By submitting Materials to PETA Australia, you waive any privacy expectations that you might have with respect to the Materials.
8. You agree to hold PETA Australia and its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors and assigns harmless from and against – and hereby waive any right to pursue – any claims of any nature that arise in connection with PETA Australia’s use of the Materials submitted to PETA Australia and used in any manner in PETA Australia’s sole and absolute discretion.
9. Contests that involve evaluations of Materials submitted as part of the contest will be judged entirely in the sole and absolute discretion of PETA Australia. Decisions made by PETA Australia are final.
10. All entrants and winners must be at least 13 years of age unless otherwise stated or posted.
11. Winners may not request substitutions of prize winnings. All winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees as well as all additional costs that may be incurred.
12. Neither PETA Australia nor its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors or assigns shall be liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury or any other claims incurred as a result of any winner’s use of a prize. PETA Australia is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with any contest promoted by PETA Australia.
13. If the specified prize becomes unavailable for any reason, PETA Australia in its sole and absolute discretion may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
14. Contests are null and void in any jurisdiction where they are prohibited by law.
15. PETA Australia reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to terminate any contest at any time without prior notice.
16. PETA reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to alter any contest rules at any time.
17. By entering a contest, you conclusively are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these contest rules and terms and conditions as well as by any rules specific to that contest. This is an irrevocable condition of entry.
18. The following criteria apply:
- In contests in which winners are selected based upon skill or accomplishments, winners will be chosen by PETA Australia on the merits of each entry, in PETA Australia’s sole and absolute discretion.
- In contests and polls in which PETA Australia solicits votes by the public to help determine the winner, the results of such polls may be a considered factor in determining the winner, but the winner will ultimately be selected by PETA Australia in its sole and absolute discretion.
19. No purchase or payment of any consideration is necessary to enter the contest.
20. Each contest will state a deadline for entry and the date when the winner(s) will be announced. A list of winner(s) may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped (first-class postage) envelope to PETA Australia and requesting the list.
21. PETA Australia reserves the right to condition the award of prizes upon the execution by the winner(s) of a publicity release. Notwithstanding this reserved right, entry is conclusively deemed to be permission by the entrant for PETA Australia to use the entrant’s name (without compensation to the entrant) if the entrant is a winner to publicise the contest and otherwise, as determined by PETA Australia, unless prohibited by law.
22. PETA Australia reserves the right to require the winner to execute an affidavit of eligibility as a sworn document and provide other proof of eligibility as a condition of receipt of the prize or award.