Pink and PETA Team Up to Reward Animal Lovers!
This competition is now closed! Thanks to all who entered. The lucky winners will receive their DVDs in the mail soon!
It’s no secret that Pink loves animals. She’s spoken up for sheep, chickens, horses and crocodiles and also discussed her desire to rescue pigs.
She’s even offered her own money as a reward to find animal abusers! Is there nothing that this young woman won’t do for animals?!
- When she found out about the abuse that chickens endure at the hands of KFC, the singer posted a petition drive called “Kick the Bucket” on her website to encourage fans to urge the fast-food giant to improve the quality of life of birds who are raised and killed for KFC’s food supply.
- Her video about the cruelty of the wool industry has brought the horrors of painful mulesing mutilations and the cruelty involved in the live export of lambs and sheep into the international spotlight.
- “Dear Mr President” was given a whole new meaning when she fired off a letter to US President Barack Obama asking him to find out why the US Department of Agriculture closed three investigations into serious allegations of cruelty to animals by the Ringling Bros. circus without taking action. Ringling beats, hits, pokes, prods and jabs elephants with sharp hooks, sometimes until they are bloody. Tigers are viciously struck with sticks so that they’ll perform difficult and confusing tricks.
- Horses found a friend in Pink. She stepped up for horses who are victimised by the carriage-horse industry in New York City who – like their Australian counterparts in Melbourne – are often forced into labour in all weather extremes while they walk on hard pavement, dodging cars and inhaling exhaust fumes. Pink created a petition to abolish the cruel business and also starred in an attention-grabbing billboard in Times Square to help educate people about the horrors that go on behind the scenes in that industry.
- Pink was even gracious enough to open her home and host the kickoff party for PETA Managing Director Ingrid E Newkirk’s book Let’s Have a Dog Party! She wants people to celebrate with their canines every day.
- Who can forget the inspiring scenes as she came to the rescue of veal calves and bulls in her music video “Raise Your Glass“.
- And, of course, how great is the edgy ”Stolen for Fashion” video that highlights the pain that alligators and rabbits endure for their skins and fur, which she personally launched in Paris with Stella McCartney.
Now, with the Australian release of her brand-new DVD, P!nk: Staying True, she is, well, staying true to her desire to help animals and people any way that she can!
In support of Pink’s animal-loving fans, Anchor Bay Entertainment has donated 20 copies of her new DVD, P!nk: Staying True, to PETA to give out to you guys!
And what better way to decide who gets them than by getting you to tell us what inspires you to speak up for animals!
To have a chance of winning one of Pink’s DVDs, just tell us, in your own way, how PETA and Pink have inspired you to fight for animals.
The winning entries will be selected by a panel of PETA judges based on equal consideration of two criteria: their creativity and the commitment to animal protection that the authors demonstrate through their entry. So get creative! Send us your letters, poems, paintings or whatever creation you feel most effectively communicates how Pink and PETA have inspired your animal rights activism!
Posted by Claire Fryer