Top o’ the mornin’ to ya! What better way to celebrate St Patrick’s Day than with some delicious cruelty-free treats?
Here’s a roundup of some of our favourite St Patrick’s Day recipes that will make your friends green with envy.
Pot o’ Gold Rainbow Shake
3 large scoops dairy-free ice cream (we love So Good Coconut Vanilla ice cream)
1 cup plant-based milk
Handful fresh mint
Few drops peppermint extract, to taste
Few drops green food colouring (optional)
1/4 cup Mango-flavoured popping boba (pick some up from the nearest frozen yoghurt place)
Dairy-free whipped cream (we like Soyatoo Spray Whipped Cream, or try making your own with coconut cream)
Woolworth’s Sour Rainbow Straps
- Place the ice cream, plant-based milk, mint, peppermint extract or oil and food colouring (if using) in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Put the popping boba in the bottom of a tall glass. (This is your “pot o’ gold”.)
- Pour the shake over the boba, filling the glass.
- Top with vegan whipped cream and garnish with sprinkles and a piece of rainbow strap folded into a half circle. (This is your “rainbow”.)
- Add a straw and enjoy!
St Patrick’s Day Hangover-Busting Green Smoothie
1–2 cups coconut water
1 handful spinach
1 apple or pear
2 bananas, sliced and frozen
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Cinnamon, to garnish (optional)
- Add the coconut water, spinach and apple or pear to a blender. Blend until almost smooth.
- Add the bananas and lemon juice and blend again until completely smooth.
- Pour into a glass and top with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
For a creamier smoothie, you can substitute coconut water for soy milk or another plant-based milk of your choice. Get our recommendations here.
Veeeegannnn Baileeeeys, friends! 🍀 Made with coconut milk, turbinado and coconut sugar, strong coffee, pinch of salt and a *generous* pour of Irish Whiskey. 😋 Thanks @ohsheglows for a wicked recipe! Happy St Patrick’s Day! 💚🍀🌱☘💚 #vegan #veganbaileys #vegansofig #veganfoodshare #happystpatricksday #happystpattysday #irishwhiskey #bushmills #plantbased #ohsheglows #dairyfree #healthyoptions
— Vegan Yack Attack (@VeganYackAttack) March 6, 2016