Are you a social media guru? A keen writer? A creative campaigner who cares deeply about animals?
As a digital marketing intern at PETA Asia-Pacific’s campaign office in Manila, you’d be able to put your skills to use for a great cause and help spread the word about animal rights.
This learning opportunity would give you valuable experience and allow you to shore up your résumé whilst assisting the digital marketing coordinators for both PETA Asia-Pacific and PETA Australia. You’d also be helping animals and participating in a dynamic culture.
You’d be responsible for a number of interesting tasks, including the following:
- Writing copy for the website and other outlets
- Researching a wide variety of animal- and vegan-related topics as well as brainstorming ways to communicate key messages
- Responding to Facebook comments
- Helping to formulate Facebook posts and develop a social media strategy
- Managing Facebook video playlists
- Managing YouTube comments and playlists
The ideal candidate will have experience in social media and be interested in pursuing a career in marketing or communications. You might even have graphic design or video editing skills, which you’d put to use helping animals.
In general, life at PETA Asia-Pacific is quite interesting and exciting – but very demanding as well.
Interns are considered a key part of the team and, as such, must be reliable and flexible (that is, able to switch from one project to another as necessary). PETA Asia-Pacific depends a great deal on its interns and appreciates their patience and hard work. In return, its interns expand their knowledge, experience the inner workings of a grassroots movement, and have the satisfaction of working to alleviate animal suffering.