Vegan St Patrick’s Day Recipes You HAVE to Try!
Top o’ the mornin’ to ya! St Patrick’s Day is fast approaching, and what better way to celebrate than with some delicious cruelty-free treats?
Here’s a roundup of some of our favourite St Patrick’s Day recipes that will make your friends green with envy.
Pot o’ Gold Rainbow Shake
3 large scoops dairy-free ice cream (we love So Good Coconut Vanilla ice cream)
1 cup plant-based milk
Handful fresh mint
Few drops peppermint extract, to taste
Few drops green food colouring (optional)
1/4 cup Mango-flavoured popping boba (pick some up from the nearest frozen yoghurt place)
Dairy-free whipped cream (we like Soyatoo Spray Whipped Cream, or try making your own with coconut cream)
Woolworth’s Sour Rainbow Straps
- Place the ice cream, plant-based milk, mint, peppermint extract or oil and food colouring (if using) in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Put the popping boba in the bottom of a tall glass. (This is your “pot o’ gold”.)
- Pour the shake over the boba, filling the glass.
- Top with vegan whipped cream and garnish with sprinkles and a piece of rainbow strap folded into a half circle. (This is your “rainbow”.)
- Add a straw and enjoy!
St Patrick’s Day Hangover-Busting Green Smoothie
1–2 cups coconut water
1 handful spinach
1 apple or pear
2 bananas, sliced and frozen
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Cinnamon, to garnish (optional)
- Add the coconut water, spinach and apple or pear to a blender. Blend until almost smooth.
- Add the bananas and lemon juice and blend again until completely smooth.
- Pour into a glass and top with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
For a creamier smoothie, you can substitute coconut water for soy milk or another plant-based milk of your choice. Get our recommendations here.
Veeeegannnn Baileeeeys, friends! 🍀 Made with coconut milk, turbinado and coconut sugar, strong coffee, pinch of salt and a *generous* pour of Irish Whiskey. 😋 Thanks @ohsheglows for a wicked recipe! Happy St Patrick's Day! 💚🍀🌱☘💚 #vegan #veganbaileys #vegansofig #veganfoodshare #happystpatricksday #happystpattysday #irishwhiskey #bushmills #plantbased #ohsheglows #dairyfree #healthyoptions
— Vegan Yack Attack (@VeganYackAttack) March 6, 2016
Have a happy St Patrick’s Day! If you try any of our recipes, please tell us about it on Facebook.