We all know that a merry Christmas is one on which there are no dead bodies on the dinner table, but it’s even easier to get into the holiday spirit with these sweet vegan Christmas treats at the ready.
Many of these are available at your local supermarket, department stores and bakeries, but if you want even more choices, check out the options at the growing number of vegan supermarkets, such as The Cruelty Free Shop, All About Empathy, and The Green Edge. Having a vegan Christmas has never been so easy!
Both Woolworths and Coles have brought out vegan meringue options made from aquafaba, an ingenious egg-replacer in many recipes.
Vegan Christmas Puddings
- Gold Handmade Dark Chocolate and Davidson Plum Pudding, available at Woolworths
- Woolworths Plum Pudding
- Woolworths Free From Gluten Fruit Pudding (100 and 700 grams)
- Coles Matured Christmas Pudding
- Coles Gluten Free Christmas Pudding (110- and 400 grams)
- Coles 18 Month Matured Christmas Pudding
- Specially Select Bourbon Infused Mini Christmas Puddings from Aldi
- Brumby’s Bakery Blueberry Pudding (not available at all Brumby’s stores)
- Coles Plant Based Vanilla Sponge Pudding
Australian company Nakula has brought out limited edition vegan vanilla and brandy flavoured custard just in time for Christmas! Available at Woolworths.
Vegan Rum Balls
- Woolworths Chocolate Rum Balls
Fruit Mince Pies
- Coles Gluten Free Fruit Mince Pies
Vegan Candy Canes
- Chupa Chups Candy Cane packs
- Coles Mango and Orange Flavoured Candy Canes
- Coles Peppermint Candy Canes
- Coles Strawberry, Pineapple, and Tutti Frutti Flavoured Candy Canes
- Kmart Candy Canes Peppermint Flavour
- Woolworths Candy Cane Flavoured Popcorn
Vegan Christmas Stollen
- Kuchenmeister Marzipan Stollen and Stollen Bites from Aldi
- Specially Select Black Forest Stollen and Mini Stollen from Aldi
The kindest thing we can do for animals is keep them off our plates during the season of goodwill and all year round. Why not order your free vegan starter kit now?