A roast simply isn’t complete until it’s topped with gravy. Thankfully, plenty of vegan instant mix and heat and eat gravies are available in Australian supermarkets.
Vegan Instant Gravy Brands in Australian Supermarkets
- ALDI Quixo Onion Gravy
- Bisto Original Flavour Gravy Granules
- Black & Gold Traditional Gravy Mix
- Coles Traditional Gravy Mix
- Gravox Supreme Gravy Mix
- Gravox Traditional Boxed Gravy Mix
- Green’s Gravy Granules Roast Meat
- Harry Ramsden’s Chip Shop Style Curry Sauce
- MAGGI Classic Rich Gravy Mix
- MAGGI Gluten Free Supreme Gravy
- The entire Massel Gravy Powder range – Chicken Gravy, Rich Roast Gravy, Supreme Demi-Glace Gravy, Traditional Gravy.
- Marigold Vegetarian Organic Gravy Powder
- Orgran Gluten Free Vegetable Gravy Mix
- Orgran Vegetable Gravy Mix
- Woolworths Essentials Traditional Gravy Mix
Vegan Heat and Eat Gravy
- Campbell’s Mushroom Gravy
- Celebrate Health Vegan Gravy
Instant gravy not your style? No problems! Try this easy vegan gravy recipe:
Makes 20–24 servings
1 onion, diced
2 Tbsp. oil
1 cup sliced mushrooms
5 Tbsp. flour
2 cups vegetable broth
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup soy sauce
- Sauté the onion in the oil until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for 1 minute more. Shake the flour, broth, and water together in a jar and add this mixture to the onions and mushrooms. Mix in the soy sauce and stir over medium heat until thick.
Need a little more assistance? Watch these videos for some more tried-and-true vegan gravy recipes. For vegan gravy, the key is mushrooms!
Now that you’ve got your vegan gravy sorted out, try one of these vegan roasts for Christmas: